Delivering Powerful Strategies That Increase Conversions.
FestivalNet has been a leader in the festivals and special events industry since 1996. They have successfully generated over 1,300,000+ monthly visitors and published detailed event data on 26,000+ festivals, art shows, art, craft shows, music festivals, and other events.
FestivalNet® approached us seeking solutions for climbing their sales and traffic:
- COVID restrictions impacted their growth.
- While their PPC efforts were paying off, they wanted organic traffic to their website for sustainable growth.
- According to FestivalNet’s competitor analysis, they found their competitors were growing and wanted to outdo their competition
Our approach to solving these challenges was to focus on delivering a great SEO campaign for FestivalNet. The website audit revealed we could have a big impact on overall ticket sales by plugging certain leaks and optimizing the low-hanging fruits within SEO. We:
- Focused on improving the indexing of product categories. Event websites like FestivalNet face a shortage of time when it comes to promoting upcoming events. We fixed that by separating product categories between cyclical events and non-cyclical events.
- Observed that the web pages were still ranking for keywords from 2018-19. Therefore, our strategy included introducing and ranking for current keywords. This step involved a deep dive into the website, changing existing copy, and a thorough competitor and industry analysis to get the best keywords for FestivalNet.
- Changed the website structure to focus on cities for events rather than events in cities. This change in website structure allowed FestivalNet’s users to search for their services and further helped their SERP rankings.
- Conducted thorough competitor analysis to bridge the gap between events users were searching for vs. their search results. This research also showed us the benefit of having a blog for ranking higher.
- Changed the website structure of FestivalNet to fit more with Google’s quality guidelines. This restructuring meant reducing the number of advertisements on the website. In addition, it improved the CTRs and reduced bounce rates drastically.
- Created frameworks that optimized the brand’s content by default. This framework meant that all user-generated content would now be SEO friendly (meta title & descriptions) right from the get-go.
43.96% increase in website traffic
We successfully increased the organic traffic of FestivalNet by 43.96% within a month. In addition, we successfully expanded their user base by 42.7% within the same period. Take a look at the improvements:
- Traffic in May 2021: 586,630
- Traffic in June 2021: 844,536
Significant improvement in organic search share
We improved their keyword ranking in the following way:
- Keywords in 2020: 162,310
- Keywords in 2021: 224,049
That’s a growth of 61739 keywords in just one year.
Compelling Increase in top 3 SERP rankings
- Top 3 keywords in 2020: 6,939
- Top 3 keywords in 2021: 7,735
That’s a growth of 796 keywordsin the top 3 positions on SERP.