Slow and steady doesn’t win the race in the world of web. It is ‘first come first serve’ working here. You have to be fast to come first. Website page speed is one of the 200 ranking factors listed by Backlinko. And now when Google is going to shut down Google+, Google+ circles will not be a ranking factor anymore. Anyways, let’s stick to the topic. Speed is an important ranking factor. Whatever sincere efforts you are putting in the optimization of your website, this will bear no fruit if web pages are taking more than 3 seconds to load.
If your website is slow and you don’t love being abandoned by users, it’s time to prepare page speed report and see what you can do. There is a decent number of web page metrics related to the site speed. Therefore, you might find it hard to differentiate between one from another. Which site speed metric is more important and which one needs a little less attention. The help is available.
Check Page Load Time
If you are ignoring this site metric then you are making a big mistake. It is just like stepping on banana peels. Intentionally.
Google analytics reports this default site speed metric. Admittedly, a user cares more about the experience. What if Google itself stops the user from getting the experience you are offering. Site speed is a ranking factor.
Learn About First Contentful Paint
You can also work on First Contentful Paint. This is a stage at which text, images, or other graphics are rendered by the browser. This includes text with pending web fronts but excludes content in iframes. A user in this stage begins to consume the content. If the user is getting nothing to read in a few seconds (during First Contentful Paint), the user will abandon your website. You can make use of Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to see the time to First Contentful Paint.
Check Document Interactive Time
This metric represents the time when the user is first able to interact with the elements on the page. The bounce rate of your website greatly depends on First Contentful Paint and document interactive time. This is a speed metric that demands serious and sincere attention. Google Analytics reports this site speed metric for a reason. Go to the Site Speed Report to see document interactive time.
The time an HTML document takes to load and parse completely is DOMContentLoaded. However, external resources such as images () and stylesheets may not be loaded. The content on the page is loaded and visible and the user can interact.
There are some other useful metrics as well
Back in 2013, the average web page size was 1MB and now it is more than 1.7MB. Your website is likely to be slow if page size is big. And, you should work on it. Optimize images properly.
Number of HTTP Requests
In order to get fully loaded, a web page will request some files. For example, if it is required to download some file, the page will send an HTTP request to the server. The web page will make one HTTP request for one file. These requests are made sequentially for each HTTP connection. Even when it is a small web page, each request needs a minimum time and then there is a server response time. In addition to request and server response time, there is literal speed (the speed at which data is traveling from one place to another).
Minimizing the number of HTTP requests a web page is making will help. Implementing the HTTP2 protocol will enable you to make multiple HTTP requests simultaneously on one connection.
Why you should be aware of these metrics?
A better understanding of these Web Page Metrics will help you in developing an optimizable website and you can run more productive digital marketing campaigns.
Remember, slow and steady does not win the race here.
Ever heard of sports penalties? When the player violates any rule, he/she is penalized for their actions. Google penalties are somehow similar to sports penalties. These are designed to punish the website that has something wrong. Google penalty to be precise means that your website is no longer listed on the search results or your target keywords have dropped drastically. But, is something to worry about? It’s an obvious, yes! If your site gets Google penalty, your target audience won’t be able to find you. Basically, you become invisible to the traffic.
Do you have any idea of how many types of Google penalties are? Well, today, we will discuss a few types of Google penalties and different ways to fix them. Let’s discuss in detail!
Cloaking or Sneaky Redirects
In Cloaking, the users are shown different pages that are shown to Google. While sneaky redirects, on the other hand, send the user directly to a completely different page than shown to Google. Now, what’s common in both of them is they violate the webmaster guidelines.
Now, the penalty comes in two forms:
⇒ Site-wide matches which affect the whole website.
⇒ Partial matches which affect the portion of your site. And, it does not affect the whole website.
What’s the Fix?
- One of the easiest ways to fix this is to navigate to the Google search Console, Crawl and then Fetch as Google. After that, you can fetch the affected portions of your website.
- Another way to fix is to resolve the variations between two so that they end up being the same.
- You can also compare the content on your website with the content fetched by Google.
- Check the redirect and remove the ones that:
- Conditionally redirect.
- Send the users to an unexpected destination.
- Are otherwise “sneaky.”
Once done with fixing these issues, send a reconsideration request.
There is no surprise element, but the hackers are constantly looking for exploits in the content management systems to get malicious links. Now, this is often cloaked and difficult to fix. So, how to recover from the Google penalty?
When the Google recognize this fault, you will instantly get a notification saying – “This site has been hacked.” This further leads to the demotion in the organic results.
What’s the Fix?
- Contact your web host and then build a support team.
- You can quarantine your site to prevent it from any further damage.
- You can also search console to identify the hack type.
- Also, you need to assess the damage if malware or spam.
- Identify the vulnerability to figure out how the hacker steals the information.
- Clean your site and then request a review. Further, ask Google to reconsider the hack labeling.
Keep in mind, it is really important to have a recent and clean backup of your website. Installing security features for the website is also a great idea to tackle hacks.
Cloaking: First Click Free Violation
This type of Google penalty is levied against the websites which show full content but restricts the viewable to the users. This specifically includes users from Google services in compliance with Google’s first click free policy. Remember, the website which is it does not allow the user to see the full content, and requires them to subscribe, register, or log in to read the full details.
This penalty also comes under two forms:
⇒ Partial matches which affect the portion of the website.
⇒ Site-wide matches which affect the website fully.
What’s the fix?
- The content which is shown to the users should be the same for the Google users as shown to Google. You can make the necessary edits to come into the compliance.
- Once done with the edits, then all you need to do is to submit a reconsideration request.
Hidden text and Keyword Stuffing
As the name suggests, this simply means that Google has found your website guilty for using keyword stuffing or hidden text. This type of Google penalty also comes in two forms, i.e. the partial matches and the site-wide matches.
What’s the Fix?
All those who are looking for ideas on how to fix Google penalty. Well, that’s simple. Read out to know details!
- The first thing you can do is to navigate to the Google search Console then crawl, and then Fetch as Google and pages from the various affected portions.
- Also, look for the text which is similar in color to the body of the web page.
- Check the hidden text using positioning or CSS styling.
- Restyle the hidden texts and then fix or remove the paragraphs with the repeated words.
- Make sure you remove the instances of keyword stuffing.
- Again, once everything is done, simply submit a reconsideration request.
You cannot ignore things when it comes to this one. Basically, it is reserved for the websites that engage in the mix of spammy techniques such as – scraped content, cloaking, and automated gibberish.
This form of penalty comes in the two forms, i.e. Side-wide matches ( which affects the whole website) and the Partial matches ( which partially affects the website).
What’s the Fix?
- In case, this is your first offense, then you can get your act together and comply them with Google’s webmaster guidelines.
- After doing this, you can submit a reconsideration request after fixing the issue.
Thin Content with No or Little Added Value
Shallow or low-quality pages that come under this category are usually in the form of:
- Thin affiliate pages with no unique information, no added value, just the OEM descriptions.
- Spun or auto-generated content.
- Doorway pages.
- Scrapped content which comes from other websites.
- Low-quality blog posts.
What’s the Fix?
- You need to start off by identifying the auto-generated/spun content and then remove it.
- Also, identify the affiliate pages which do not provide added value. Then eliminate those pages.
- You can also use content detection software to check if the content found elsewhere. Then replace or remove the content. Make sure you identify the low word counts of the content and make them more informative and useful.
- After that, remove the doorway pages.
- Once all done, submit a reconsideration report.
Remember, to build your web presence, you need must know and understand the Google webmaster guidelines and how Google works. Before you begin reaching out for the fixes, make sure you learn how to fix Google penalty.
The digital modes of product & service promotion are currently occupying a major share in the marketing industry. There are two main reasons why digital media is gaining massive attention i.e. ease of implementation and global reachability. Right now, the print media is facing its adverse impacts consequently these industries are also gradually shifting towards the adoption of digital modes of marketing.
Despite of mushrooming too many digital marketing agencies, most of them implement strategies randomly without estimating the further impacts. Just one step towards a right or wrong strategy can change the entire phase of your marketing campaigning. As a professional digital marketer, it is apparent that all of your strategies will not always succeed. Sometimes it is not in your hands due to the sudden changes in search engine algorithm policies, but sometimes it happens due to the silly decisions or ignorance you make. For keeping your professional edges sharp, it is essential to identify the mistakes, learn from them, and never commit the same again. Here is some valuable information for your ease to rectify the mistakes as soon as possible.
Popular digital marketing strategies and potential mistakes during their implementation
PPC aka Pay Per Click is among the most reliable paid marketing strategies. It is similar like hiring a space in an engaged location to put your business advertisement banner. In the virtual world of digital media, high traffic websites are those valuable spaces. While executing a PPC campaigning, marketers commit some silly mistakes without having any idea. Take a look to know which one is yours:-
- A large number of digital marketers prepare ads by forcefully overstuffing the text. An emotionless add will never succeed to draw the attention of any visitor.
- Running a PPC campaigning without testing the website’s funnel is one of the biggest mistakes that almost every PPC marketer commit. Execution before proper analysis means exhausting your investment pointlessly.
- If you are using broad match keyword criteria on short tail head terms, it will be very expensive. Use precisely matching terms that stick exactly to your product’s description.
- Generally, marketers set the target setting as “bid only” rather than “target & bid”. It results in investing on targeting random people without any idea whether their interest is relevant to your product or not.
SEO is one most used digital marketing strategy worldwide due to the stability of results for a long term. But if basics of such a strategy are not adhered to, it has the potential to ruin your high expectations into something very ordinary. The degree of departure from results depends upon how appropriate your package is according to the nature, scale, finance and all such factors of your firm. Following are some mistakes that are found to be very common while the implementation of strategic SEO.
- Not developing effective content and just for the sake of filling the space on a website. Consistent content creation which has the potential to attract customers’ attention at the same time its readability is ignored which leads to negligible traffic.
- Even if you manage to develop great content consistently, an internal linking structure to the website is overlooked many times. This means creating clear pathways through effective keyword management is ignored by a lot of developers having a lot of consequences.
- The wrong optimization of keywords is the most common cause of the above. Detailed aspects of keyword stuffing have to be kept in mind otherwise the conversion rate will be low.
- Targeting the market on the basis of quantity instead of their relative interest has its own consequences varying with the situation.
The main objective of search engine marketing experts is to bring a web URL on the top of the search results list. While bidding on a specific keyword, many competitors commit serious mistakes that end up with miserable failure. As a preventive measure, read these points to identify where are you standing.
- The most common mistake in SEM is its unstructured campaigning without themed ad groups. In the absence of a right structure, you will have to face the controlling and flexibility issues.
- Generally, marketers focus on click-through rate and cost applicable per click to estimate the conversion which is a wrong strategy. The real conversion rate of visitors depends on the contact us form submission, newsletter subscription & quote requests.
- Irrelevant match type also leads to the failure of SEM strategy. When you prefer a broad term to target the visitors, it will divert the traffic but most of them will be nearly relevant to the actual product.
- Running the AdWords account without integrating with Google Analytics is one of the silliest mistakes, still, some marketers commit. It is essential for improving the perforation by gathering additional insight.
When it comes to advertising on a large level with huge investment, you can have many options to choose. Enterprise level companies utilize the names of famous celebrities from cinema and sports. While using their stardom or influence to improve a business ranking, marketers commit some mistakes that lead to the failure of entire campaigning: –
- Hiring a wrong influencer without knowing his/her impact on your brand is the biggest mistake. When marketers choose an influencer without checking the previous track record at online platforms, the strategy might fail.
- Lacking the authenticity of your influential marketing is also a big reason for its failure. Some marketers fabricate the image of influence rather than showing the authenticity. It reduced the interest of the public as well as affect the reputation of celebrity too.
- The disorganized strategy and its results monitoring mechanism is also a reason for failure. Some marketers leave the entire campaigning burden on the image of influencer. In this way, they lose the control on tracking various platforms. All platforms where the campaigning is being organized must be monitored with the help of marketing automation tools.
The word-of-mouth has turned into viral marketing in the era of virtual world connectivity. Marketers promote a product, service or personality at the online platforms where relevant people are present abundantly. Generally, social media platforms are used for this purpose because here one can find the people of every nation, community, race & gender. While hyping a content, marketers leave some loopholes which you will come to know here:-
- Lacking the quality of viral nature in content is the major reason behind its failure. The advertisement you are preparing must contain interesting information that people find worth sharing.
- Sometimes, the brand loses its identity behind the entertaining stuff. In this way, your content may succeed to reach millions, but the brand remains in shadow.
- Due to the lack of original ideas, many marketers copy the concept of others by making some customizations. It reduces the brand value rather than promotion. In short, the viral content must be entertaining, promotional as well as original too.
When it comes to the implementation of multichannel marketing techniques, mobile marketing comes at a topmost position. It is a way of utilizing all mobile approaches including SMS, social media & mobile applications. Promoting a product or service through mobile platforms is the latest and highly effective method because almost every person who uses the internet has a smartphone or tablet. While executing campaigning, the marketers commit some silly mistakes that ruin the entire purpose. Here is a list: –
- Considering mobile experience similar to a desktop is the biggest mistakes that many marketers are currently committing. While creating mobile ads, they just shrink the size without changing the content.
- Failing to identify user behavior during mobile marketing campaigning is a big mistake. Some marketers advertise without understanding the base of their customers. Starting a campaign without knowing the behavior of the relevant customer is a big pitfall.
- Misleading information is another big drawback in mobile marketing. Some marketers illustrate misleading information to attract users through mobiles. It may divert adequate traffic but no conversion. Even it acts as spam and users might report the content.
Primarily, email marketing is done for customers’ information at different intervals. Simple tricks like email marketing are unsuccessful or not resulting up to the mark if you start off on the wrong foot due to the following reasons.
- New subscribers to your email recipient list are not made to feel welcomed into your database. They must feel that they have started a deal with someone professionally strong with a serious focus on their quality of services.
- The most common mistake is not providing quality content into the mail. This means not being Professional, being more Sales driven, Not meeting customers’ expectations, high frequency of emails, adding common images, texts, phrases, etc.
- Talking about how great your products/services are rather than telling them the benefits they will get through them.
- Not choosing the appropriate time to start email marketing a professional strategy that is implementing too late or too early.
- Developing database with ignorance for the mobile users and providing only limited access to your website. This limits your overall audience.
Social Media Marketing
Considering the definition, many people think that social media marketing doesn’t have the desired results in store so they dismiss it as a professional procedure without getting a deep insight. Other than this, the following major mistakes are made to make social media marketing ineffective even if implemented.
- Jumping into social media marketing without any well-defined plan. A plan considering everything including goals, budget, KPIs etc. must be laid out before implementation.
- Key performance indicators for any social media platform must be very specifically determined. Many marketers fall into the trap of vanity metrics.
- One mistake is to treat different social media platforms at the same level. The popularity a business gets on different platforms varies with the users and must be given different weights.
- Not engaging in conversations with the target audience has to be one of the major concerns. If people are not attracted to social media content by conversing about it to others, the whole purpose of social media marketing will be in danger.
- Another mistake is to collect social followers just for a good number to display rather than concentrating on the actual paying customers to increase.
- Two-Way communication is very important. Rather than just blabbering about your activities, customers must feel that the platform is effective enough to listen to what they have to say.
As affiliate marketing consists of the brand (retailer), publisher (affiliate), and the customer, it is the point of view of the retailer from where the mistakes start to seep in the process. The following mistake may have a negligible or a negative effect on the business.
- Picking the wrong product to promote through an affiliate has to be the major mistake. There are various products that can be promoted but choosing the most appropriate one can be a challenge.
- Promoting too many products under the same technique doesn’t work as well. Covering different products needs a different amount of concentration.
- Not keeping track of the performance of the website and content management will always have an adverse effect on the overall result. The business will never learn from its mistakes if it doesn’t know those have been made.
- Not being up to date about the latest techniques will leave you behind the competition every time you try to promote yourself.
Digital Public Relations
It means to gain high-quality backlinks by featuring your website on different platforms visited by target potential customers. These platforms can include various other websites, podcasts, social media etc. Now, the following mistakes are made from the side of a business in implementing this technique.
- As the digital environment for businesses is ever changing, having a clear set of goals is a must otherwise adapting to strategic implementation is impossible.
- Having high expectations leads to vague and instant decisions, which in turn would never lead to expected results. So, not having enough patience never helps.
- Get a confirmation about what you have achieved so far and what is still to be achieved. This helps in knowing what went wrong or what worked as a strength the previous time it was used.
Keeping all the above points in mind, it is evident that these strategies have covered a major share of how business marketing works through digital media. As digital media marketing is very significant, someone or the other is bound to commit these mistakes, but if you are not one of those, the chances of your success will be evidently higher.
You probably know, with great power in your hands, comes greater responsibility. In this situation, digital marketing technology is the power and your responsibility is to utilize it effectively without committing those common mistakes that most others do. Also, you must understand what works today may not work tomorrow, so keep up with the latest techniques and not following this criterion may be another mistake you may commit.
Thanks to the advent of the Internet, people are active online more than ever – serving as the best source of opportunities, revenue, and much more for the web-based businesses. And then the ever-changing development is the reason behind the major shift in customer’s buying decisions! Especially for businesses that survive on marketing, the changing trends in the way customers are making their purchasing decision play a key role in success.
Marketing in the digital era, is thus, more brainstorming ideas than putting cash. The present-day customer looks forward to Google or their friend base on social networks for any problem with a product, service, or almost anything. It implies the fundamentals of marketing in this digital age have changed from interpersonal to virtual!
This shift has led to the change in the way marketers approach their potential customers and optimize the channels they use in the process. From radio spots and TV commercials to other non-value advertising mediums – all of them are declining in popularity and relevance gave the modern customer gets easily annoyed with the interruption marketing.
The days of “wait…you will get 50% super duper scooper off if you order NOW” are long gone – and we are totally happy about that!
Marketing in the digital age calls for value-added content at its core – content that informs, educates the customer and solves their problems/pain points before forcing their business, product, or service.
So while the BUY NOW tactic of traditional marketing is still there, the complete marketing lifecycle now is much more evolved and organized.
4 Stages of Digital Marketing Explained:
Stage 1: Attraction – Turning Strangers into Visitors
Because everything starts from attraction!
Your priority number one as an online business is to be actively present on all the major search engines and social media networks so when your target audience has an issue or seeking a solution – you are there to help and make that first impression! The digital customer automatically switches to Google or their favored social media channel as soon as they run an issue, and if a company/business shows up to provide a solution or help is a brilliant way of building that relationship.
Here’s some insight on elements to convert the stranger into visitors:
- PPC Advertising
- Thought Leadership using Optimized (Informative/Engaging) Blogging
- SMM and Advertising
Stage 2: Conversion – Turning Visitors Into Leads
Conversions now are all about providing additional value!
By this phase, the customer already has researched and come to your website to find the solution for their pain point. This is the point where the cost of traditional marketing companies skips the golden chance to build that trust relationship with their client base. We bet most of the companies from yesteryear have that one, predictable & typical CTA on their site – CONTACT US.
That’s just like proposing someone on the very first date. Well, you do dress up and look nice, but you don’t wish to marry at first sight. Then why make your customers feel so?
Umm…Can I know you a lil more first?
That’s exactly what your potential customers think when they land on your website. The innovative and savvy businesses know how to start a relationship by first providing them with additional value. It can be anything – e-books, guides. Webinars, checklists for the sake of their email address/number. This makes it an equal deal (a WIN-WIN) for both parties – you and your customers.
Elements that are necessary for converting visitors to leads:
- Well-designed Website
- Retargeting in place
- Attractive/relevant CTA
- Dedicated Lead Generation Pages
- Value Content
Stage 3: Close – Turning Leads to Customers
Time to nurture the relationship!
So the relationship is active now and the customers are getting the need info about their problems and your company is establishing that trust bond and exemplifying the expertise to the customer.
Well, with mediums like email nurturing, checklists and guides, webinars, and more – a business can request its leads more info. But you need to wait will the potential customer is willing to take the next step and the customer. What you can do is set up specific indicators – like on customers visiting the price page or spending more than a minute or so on the product/service page just to confirm they are qualified leads. This will let you take the next formal action like a call or email request for a meeting. With the perfect balance of analyzing user behavior, creating user action-based triggers, and marketing automation – businesses can wait till their potential customers are convinced to talk or meet.
Key elements to help turn leads into customers:
- Email Nurturing
- Close-loop Reporting
Stage 4: Advocate – Turning Customers Into Advocates
Improving & optimizing the process – spreading the word!
So now when your business and customers have come across all the stages – attraction, building a relationship, and then doing business together, it comes the time to make sure it was a worth the effort on your end and price on your customers’ end. So how do you everyone is happy with the process?
The best way do that is by requesting customers feedback from the existing customer base. While the traditional marketing couldn’t do much for this, digital marketing has made it possible to ask your customers share their feedback regarding the product or service delivered in a moment via online surveys, reviews, and more. This allows businesses the scope to improve and optimize their product, service, or process in future to deliver better customer experience. The more refined this process becomes, the more your customer advocate your products, services, brand, and reputation. Your customers are motivated to share reviews, thought leadership with peers, and help promote your business.
Key elements to turn customers into advocates:
- Online Surveys
- Consistent Nurturing
- Social Monitoring
So now you know how marketing undergoes the refined processes in the digital age to suit the ever-changing customers’ purchasing decisions. It’s time now to think of some innovative tips to make most of your digital marketing errands.
Ways to Get More Value From Digital Marketing:-
As per the stats shared on Gartner, by the year 2020, 80 percent of consumer interaction will be operated without a human. This takes us to stress more on the role AI is playing in the evolving digital marketing practices that can help make more from the existing consumers and resources.
Automated/Virtual Customer Interaction:
Wise use of AI can help businesses interact with their customers. Talk about automated live chat, in-app assistance, automated social media monitoring and that’s just a few to name here – all these high-end techs can automate customer/user interaction to scale human intervention.
Adding more personalized elements on your website, like demographics, location data, interaction, personalization, etc. can provide with more conversions and engagement along with relevant experience to the customers. For an account based marketing strategy, this advanced marketing tactic can work wonders.
Intelligent Media Optimization:
AI has made it possible to optimize media buys, make recommendations on media buys, and monitor customer behavior that eventually turns into more revenue and more satisfied customers. Stuffing media teams with human resources and leveraging agencies to optimize media is no closer to an exact science. As time is passing by, artificial intelligence is coming more into the digital marketing world with a more dynamic media capability.
The Bottom Line
As the marketing trends change, so should a business’ digital marketing strategy. It’s need of the hour to stay up-to-date with the emerging and constantly changing the landscape of marketing with the new advancement in technology – that can simplify a digital marketer’s life and amplify the profit!
So what do you think about the info shared above? Feel free to comment, share, and contact us for your valuable feedback!
Are you looking forward to launching a new website? When designing a new website, there are many things to keep in mind. For that, understanding the basics of SEO is important. Yes, you must be very excited to launch your website. As an organization or business, you can use website launch to spread brand awareness and a promote company. So, you need to have the right strategy for SEO before the website launch. Want to know the insights? Keep reading to know details!
➤ Optimize the basics and create a “coming soon” page
One of the primary things to do is to create an optimized and strong “coming soon” page. Wondering, why? Well, there are many reasons to do so. As you know it takes time for a website to get ranked, and having a “coming soon” page can cut some time wait after launch.
Not just that, this page can help to build your brand. You can use high-quality images and express the information with your brand’s voice. Creating a coming soon page will also allow you to connect with the users. For that, you can connect the page to the social media. Engage the people in visiting the site as soon you are launched. This will help to create a buzz between the user and spread awareness. Let them know something big awaits!
➤ Build out all your social media profiles
Building a social media community is critically important before the site launches. Make sure you have a loyal following who will invest in your business, once it’s live. Engaging the users on various social media platforms will build trust in your brand.
Leading networking platforms like – Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ can be used to target a specific audience. Just make sure you have a complete profile on these platforms. Once you are done, connect each profile with the “coming soon” page. This will help you know your media presence.
➤ Get (at least) 10 blog posts ready
“Content is the king of SEO,” and that’s true. An actionable and well-optimized content will help to attract organic traffic to your website. You need to make sure the content marketing strategy should have high-quality of content. No shortcuts here!
The web crawlers will visit your website, and you must have plenty of informative content. Having a long form contents will provide depth to your brand. This helps to rank higher in search results.
So, it is a great idea to start a blog pre-launch. Now, this will build up SEO buzz and authority.
➤ Create all your pages, and make sure they are optimized
Another SEO requirement for a new website is to create multiple pages with each being fully-optimized. For that, you can include high-authority content which will target the visitors on your site. The pages you create must be useful and focused.
It is really important to focus on long-tail keywords I particular on every page. You can put the keywords to the database of your website. Just make sure you create an optimized and fantastic page before the launch happens. And, when you go live, the index the search engines will help to index the pages and provide you with some initial ranking.
➤ Guest blog to build links to your domain
Remember, this does not include spam self-promotion. By guest blogs, you can produce some of your best works to share with the audiences of your site. Guest blogging is a powerful and fast way to generate leads and traffic on your site. This also helps to build credibility.
Now, you need to search for the best guest blogging opportunities. You can do this by checking the site in hour niches, and finding the guest posts which the user would love to see. This will help to know what’s going in the minds of users.
You can also look out for opportunities to ‘write for us’ and guest blogging opportunities.
➤ Put your site in niche directories
One of the critical steps to do for SEO before designing website launch is to list your site to businesses and break them in sub-categories. By listing your website before the launching will allow the “coming soon” page to transfer into rest of the pages when they go live.
In case, the directory is widely used in your business area, then it will be worthwhile. But, don’t just fall for any random directory. Ensure you the directory you choose is a real powerhouse!
➤ Sign up for core sites
The core websites include, but not limited to the listed:
Best of the Web
There are many things to do before the launch. Obviously, we don’t know all the strategies in the works, but we have guided you with a good checklist. These are a few crucial steps for SEO for a new design website.
➤ Post-launch bonus
Don’t forget to use metrics to monitor the results.
Once your site is launched, now it is crucial to monitor your traffic and assess your results with the metrics. Here, look at the red flags like these:
⇒ Unusual dips and gaps in traffic.
⇒ 404s spikes which signal crawl errors.
⇒ Losses in keyword ranking.
⇒ Unusually slow pages on the site.
Remember, this time will have hassles, and you need to be patient.
Bonus tip: Make sure you launch an optimized website, otherwise it will be a big chaos.
In case, you are new to these terms, then ensure you choose an experienced professional to know more about the SEO basics for a new website.